Meet the Makers of the Happy Hour Soap Company. The girls behind the products - Sara Bennett and Nicole Brandt. Two sisters born in Nebraska, but moved around the country (9 states!) before settling back in the midwest. Sara currently lives in Omaha and I (Nicole) live in Le Mars, Iowa. We each play our part in the company and travel back and forth between the two towns to exchange ideas, products, drinks and laughs. Interested in learning more about the sisters behind and Happy Hour Soap? Read on, friends, read on:
- Favorite product- Charcoal & Rose Soap Spa Bar
- Favorite product to make- Cold Process Soap
- Favorite scent- Peach Bellini
- Favorite song- Nothing Compares 2 U
- 3 things you would bring with you on a deserted island- Sunscreen, My Mom, and box wine
- Who do you live with/family- Boyfriend Nick
- Favorite place to see a sunset- My parents’ front porch in Kearney, NE while we sip wine
- Favorite guilty pleasure- Dancing and singing to Backstreet Boys and N’ Sync
- Natural beauty tip- Use a sugar scrub once a week for soft and smooth skin.
- Previous job- Elementary School Teacher
- Why did you get into this business- I love creating and making things and making my own beauty products is very satisfying and rewarding.
- Favorite product- Seriously hard question. The Duty Squirt has changed my life. The deodorant has probably saved my life .And the Organic Sugar Scrub is so flippin' awesome I don't know how I lived life without it.
- Favorite product to make- Melt and Pour Soap!
- Favorite scent- It changes, but I can't stop smelling the Honey Chardonnay soap.
- Favorite song- Lately I've been digging Alex Preston's "Fairytales." One song that always rips my soul (in a good way) is "I Can't Make You Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt
- 3 things you would bring with you on a deserted island- A journal and a pen (can that count as 1?) A large box of books (this is not cheating) and a dog (preferably mine, but any dog would be good, really).
- Who do you live with? - My husband Jason, my 12 year old daughter and 4 year old son. We also have an adopted yellow lab named Jess.
- Favorite place to see a sunset- This would be a tie between St. Pete Beach Florida and my aunts house on a hill in McCook, Nebraska. Ahh, just typing that makes me happy.
- Favorite guilty pleasure- Britney Spears. I'm not really guilty about that, though. :)
- Natural beauty tip- Sugar scrubs have changed my life. I never knew my skin could be so soft and glowy! Of course getting a full night sleep and staying hydrated is important, but sugar scrubs are really amazing.
- Previous job- I have had jobs in a few different areas. Photo lab clerk, radio DJ, supply packer, paralegal, and bookkeeping.
- Why did you get into this business- I have always wanted to become my own boss. I am inspired by my parents who quit their retail jobs to own their own restaurant and by my grandfather who was a successful entrepreneur. I love creating new beautiful things and have become quite obsessed with detoxifying my lifestyle. Creating a natural beauty line seemed to fit. So far so good. It's a lot of work, but it's really fun work. I am currently studying to receive an Advanced Diploma in Organic Cosmetic Science.